Early Childhood CARES has many different educational options for young children. Services are also provided through community partners. It is the goal to provide educational services in the “least restrictive” or most typical setting and as close to home as possible.
- Home Visits: Parents receive home visits from an early intervention specialist, and they are taught techniques to help their child learn new skills.
- Parent Toddler Classes: This program offers weekly parent-child groups. Parents learn skills and parenting information while children learn in an enriched environment. In addition, home visits are provided to all children and their parents.
- Community Preschools: Children receive education services in community preschools. Early childhood special educators assist preschool teachers to meet the child’s unique learning needs. Parent consultation is also provided.
- A Child’s Garden: This preschool is specifically designed for children with an educational eligibility of autism and who need a very structured educational program.
- Speech Groups or Speech Therapy: A speech group or individual speech therapy is provided to children with needs only in the areas of speech and/or language.
- Preschool Classrooms: These classrooms serve children who are not able to meet their educational goals in a community preschool setting. The classrooms are located in Eugene, Cottage Grove, Fern Ridge, Florence, Oakridge and Springfield.