Trainings and Events
Update 4/14/20: All in-person parent trainings and events have been suspended until further notice. However we will continue offering spring parent chats and our behavior group online via Zoom.
Early Childhood CARES offers many parent trainings and family events throughout the school year.
To sign up for text message reminders about events, either visit this link: remind.com/join/eccares or text @eccares to the number 81010.
- Come meet new families!
- Each month has a new theme and guest speaker from 10:00 am-noon with expert guidance for families.
- All parent chats meet at our main office unless otherwise noted. 1500 W. 12th., Ave, Eugene.
- Coffee, light snacks, and free childcare will be provided.
Conversación con los Padres
- ¡Vengan a conocer otros padres!
- Cada mes tendremos un tema y a un invitado de 10:00-12:00 pm con ideas y sugerencias para la familia.
- ¡Café, un refrigerio ligero, y cuidado de niños se proporcionará!
2019-20 Dates and Themes – Fechas y Temas
- May 28, Potty Training.
- June 2, Self-Care for parents during this pandemic. View on YouTube.
We will be offering a 3-week online Positive Behavior Group this summer. The group is designed to help parents decrease negative behaviors in preschool-aged children and is based upon The Incredible Years, developed by Dr. Carolyn Webster-Stratton with the University of Washington. Our summer group will cover child-directed play, praise & rewards, and household routines & rules.
Our summer class is starting Wednesday July 8. It will meet from 5:30-6:30 pm via Zoom. Registration deadline is July 6.
- Call 541-346-2578, text 541-393-7200 or email email@example.com
Community Preschool Trainings
Our annual Community Preschool Training series is designed to equip local preschool teachers and daycare providers with additional skills for working with children who have developmental delays and disabilities.
All trainings will be held at Lane Community College from 6-8 pm: Main Campus, 4000 E. 30th Ave. Eugene. Space is limited, and pre-registration is required. Register by calling Family Connections at 541-463-3954 or online at: https://reg125.imperisoft.com/QualityCareConnections/Search/Registration.aspx
Certificates will be provided. The cost for each training is $25 unless otherwise noted. Registration begins March 30, 2020.
Our May 4 training on Building Resilience through a Trauma-Informed Preschool Classroom has been canceled at this time. Check back for our 2020-21 training schedule.