Trainings and Events
Early Childhood CARES offers many parent trainings and family events throughout the school year.
To sign up for text message reminders about events, either visit this link: remind.com/join/eccares or text @eccares to the number 81010.
- Come meet new families!
- Each month has a new theme and guest speaker from 10:00 am-noon with expert guidance for families.
- All parent chats meet at our main office unless otherwise noted. 1500 W. 12th., Ave, Eugene.
- Coffee, light snacks, and free childcare will be provided.
Conversación con los Padres
- ¡Vengan a conocer otros padres!
- Cada mes tendremos un tema y a un invitado de 10:00-12:00 pm con ideas y sugerencias para la familia.
- ¡Café, un refrigerio ligero, y cuidado de niños se proporcionará!
2019-20 Dates and Themes – Fechas y Temas
- October 19, Tips for Accessing the Community with your Child, presented by Nancy Berge, Arc Families Connected
- November 16, Avoiding Sensory Overload During the Holidays, presented by Cathy Hyslop and Krista Jo Swanson, EI/ECSE Specialists
- December 7, Early Literacy and Language Development, presented by Springfield Public Library staff
- January TBD, Behavior Support
- February 29, Transition to Kindergarten and FACT Regional Conference
- March 14, Potty Training 101, presented by Florien Deurloo, Autism & Behavior Specialist
- April 18 & May 2, Picky Eaters Part 1 and 2, presented by Early Childhood CARES Occupational Therapy team
Please register by contacting us by phone at 541-346-2578, by text at 541-393-7200 or email to email@example.com.
Por favor de registrarse llamando a Guadalupe Moreno: 541-346-0742 o mandando un texto al 541-206-8309.
Our annual Family Fun Day & Resource Fair is scheduled for May 16, 2020 at Centennial Elementary School in Springfield.
We will be offering an 8-week Positive Behavior Group this fall. The group is designed to help parents decrease negative behaviors in preschool-aged children and is based upon The Incredible Years, developed by Dr. Carolyn Webster-Stratton with the University of Washington.
Childcare will be provided each week by Early Childhood CARES staff. A light dinner will also be provided. Pre-registration is required. Parents need to register for the group even if childcare is not needed.
Our fall class is starting Tuesday October 1. It will meet from 5:30-7:30 pm at our main office, 1500 W. 12th Ave., Eugene.
- Call 541-346-2578, text 541-393-7200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Preschool Trainings
Our annual Community Preschool Training series is designed to equip local preschool teachers and daycare providers with additional skills for working with children who have developmental delays and disabilities.
All trainings will be held at Lane Community College from 6-8 pm: Main Campus, 4000 E. 30th Ave. Eugene. Space is limited, and pre-registration is required. Register by calling Family Connections at 541-463-3954 or online at: https://reg125.imperisoft.com/QualityCareConnections/Search/Registration.aspx
Certificates will be provided. The cost for each training is $25 unless otherwise noted. Registration begins September 30, 2019.
Fall 2019 Trainings
- October 24, 6-8 pm. How to Talk with Parents When You Have Concerns About their Child’s Development, presented by Heather Brey, EI/ECSE Specialist. Come and learn about how to recognize when a child in your classroom may have a developmental delay, how to talk with parents about your concerns, and how to support families in getting help for their child. This will also cover tips for reading an IFSP.
- November 7, 6-8 pm. Enhancing Learning Opportunities and Positive Behaviors in the Classroom Using Visual Supports, presented by Julia Rockwell and Noriko Baldwin, EI/ECSE Specialists. Have you ever wondered how visuals are used effectively in the classroom? Learn how to design and use visuals to promote learning and positive behaviors.