Trainings and Events
Early Childhood CARES offers many parent trainings and family events throughout the school year.
To sign up for text message reminders about events, either visit this link: remind.com/join/eccares or text @eccares to the number 81010.
- Come meet new families!
- Each month has a new theme and guest speaker from 10:00 am -noon with expert guidance for families.
- Coffee, light snacks, and free childcare will be provided.
Conversación con los Padres
- ¡Vengan a conocer otros padres!
- Cada mes tendremos un tema y a un invitado de 10:00-12:00 pm con ideas y sugerencias para la familia.
- ¡Café, un refrigerio ligero, y cuidado de niños se proporcionará!
2018-19 Dates and Themes – Fechas y Temas
- June 8, Positive Behavior Supports at Home, presented by Natalya McComas, Behavior Support Specialist
- Please register by calling or emailing Carla Moore: 541-346-2578.
- Por favor de registrarse llamando a Guadalupe Moreno: 541-346-0742 o mandando un texto al 541-206-8309.
We will be offering a 5-week Positive Behavior Group this summer. The group is designed to help parents decrease negative behaviors in preschool-aged children and is based upon The Incredible Years, developed by Dr. Carolyn Webster-Stratton with the University of Washington.
Childcare will be provided each week by Early Childhood CARES staff. A light dinner will also be provided. Pre-registration is required. Parents need to register for the group even if childcare is not needed.
Our summer class is starting July 9.
- Call 541-346-2578, text 541-393-7200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- May 18, 10-noon, Family Fun Day at Centennial Elementary School
Community Preschool Trainings
Our annual Community Preschool Training series is designed to equip local preschool teachers and daycare providers with additional skills for working with children who have developmental delays and disabilities.
All trainings will be held at Lane Community College from 6:30-8 pm: Main Campus, 4000 E. 30th Ave. Eugene. Space is limited, and pre-registration is required. Register by calling Family Connections at 541-463-3954 or online at: https://reg125.imperisoft.com/QualityCareConnections/Search/Registration.aspx
Certificates will be provided.
2019 Trainings Winter/Spring
- May 15, Exploring Diversity through Emergent Curriculum Part 2, presented by Jane Farrell, Kathleen Griffin, Rhea Cramer, and Grace Wimer. Practice meaningful conversations with children and identify teaching opportunities with a focus on encouraging tolerance. Try out a lesson plan template that guides teaching practices by exploring fact versus fiction. Learn to adapt your classroom or setting to help children and their families feel safe and welcome. It is not required to have completed Part 1 of this training before attending Part 2.