Trainings and Events
Early Childhood CARES offers many parent trainings and family events throughout the school year.
To sign up for text message reminders about events, either visit this link: remind.com/join/eccares or text @eccares to the number 81010.
- Come meet new families!
- Each month has a new theme and guest speaker from 10:00 am -noon with expert guidance for families.
- Coffee, light snacks, and free childcare will be provided.
Conversación con los Padres
- ¡Vengan a conocer otros padres!
- Cada mes tendremos un tema y a un invitado de 10:00-12:00 pm con ideas y sugerencias para la familia.
- ¡Café, un refrigerio ligero, y cuidado de niños se proporcionará!
2018-19 Dates and Themes – Fechas y Temas
- 6 de octubre, Todos lo que queremos saber sobre Early Childhood CARES (Spanish), presentado por Guadalupe Moreno
- October 27, Creating a One-Page Profile for Your Child
- November 3, Healthy Sleeping Routines, presented by Florien Deurloo
- January 26, Transition to Kindergarten, presented by FACT
- February 9, Alignment of Early Learning and Kindergarten Standards, presented by Judy Newman
- March 9, Potty Training 101, presented by Julia Rockwell
- April 27, Positive Behavior Interventions & Supports, presented by Natalya McComas, Behavior Specialist
- May 4, Strategies for Helping Picky Eaters, presented by Brittany Willis & Elaine Toper
- Please register by calling or emailing Carla Moore: 541-346-2578.
- Por favor de registrarse llamando a Guadalupe Moreno: 541-346-0742 o mandando un texto al 541-206-8309.
- September 27, 4-6 pm, Fall Pizza Parties at Emerald Park and Washington Park
- October 2, 5-6:30, Fall Pizza Party at Brattain Early Learning Center
- October 4, 5:30-7 pm, Dinner & Digital Media Focus Group at 1500 W. 12th Ave., please register by contacting our front desk.
- November 16, 6-7:45 pm, Swim Night at Tamarack Pool, limited to first 65 swimmers who arrive
- December 14, 6-7:45 pm, Swim Night at Tamarack Pool, limited to first 65 swimmers who arrive
- February 2, 10-noon, Health Fair with free dental, vision and hearing screenings at 1500 W. 12th Ave.
- May 18, 10-noon, Family Fun Day at Centennial Elementary School
Community Preschool Trainings
Our annual Community Preschool Training series is designed to equip local preschool teachers and daycare providers with additional skills for working with children who have developmental delays and disabilities.
All trainings will be held at Lane Community College: Main Campus, 4000 E. 30th Ave. Eugene. Space is limited, and pre-registration is required. Register by calling Family Connections at 541-463-3954 or online at: https://reg125.imperisoft.com/FamilyConnections/Search/Registration.aspx.
Certificates will be provided.
- October 24, Talking to Parents about Developmental Concerns, presented by Heather Brey
- November 7, First Aid for Preschool Classrooms, presented by Cathy Rasmussen, RN
- January 30, Cultural Competency & Implicit Bias, presented by Early Childhood CARES Cultural Competency team
- February 13, Supports for Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder, presented by Julia Rockwell and Florien Deurloo
- April TBD, ECPBIS